Charlotte High School
Student must be 15 years old by the beginning of the Semester. The Driver's Education course will be offered three times during the year. The After School programs are offered in the fall and spring semesters. The Summer School program is offered in June and July.
1. Student must complete the 4 hour Drug, Alcohol, Traffic Education Course.
2. Student must have in their possession a Learner's License by the end of the 1st week of class.
3. No Sandals (closed toe, closed heel shoes only), No hats, No Food. Cell phones or Ipods must be turned off during driving instruction.
4. Enroll through your local public school.
THE .5 CREDIT AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM WILL PROVIDE
1. Academic Credit and Grade.
2. (30) Hours of Classroom instruction.
3. (6) Hours of Behind the Wheel instruction.
4. Preparation for the State of Florida road test.
5. Upon completion - each student will receive an insurance certificate for the purpose of insurance discounts.
SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAM
1. Offered during summer break (two sessions Monday through Thursday).
2. Offered at 4 High Schools with 2 - 12 day sessions.
3. Must attend Mandatory Orientation.
4. Driving times assigned at Orientation.
5. Each student assigned a 90 minute driving time between 8:00 - 4:00 (ending).
6. (6) Hours of Behind the Wheel instruction only.
7. Preparation for the State of Florida road test.
8. Upon completion - each student will receive an insurance certificate for the purpose of insurance discounts.
Note: failure to complete required hours of instruction will result in no certificate being issued.