Port Charlotte High School
Student must be 15 years old by the beginning of the Semester. The Driver's Education course will be offered three times during the year. The After School programs are offered in the fall and spring semesters. The Summer School program is offered in June and July.
1. Student must complete the 4 hour Drug, Alcohol, Traffic Education Course.
2. Student must have in their possession a Learner's License by the end of the 1st week of class.
3. No Sandals (closed toe, closed heel shoes only), No hats, No Food. Cell phones or Ipods must be turned off during driving instruction.
4. Enroll through your local public school.
THE .5 CREDIT AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM WILL PROVIDE
1. Academic Credit and Grade.
2. (6) Hours of Classroom instruction.
3. (6) Hours of Behind the Wheel instruction.
4. Preparation for the State of Florida road test.
5. Upon completion of the course and the survey, each student will receive an insurance certificate for the purpose of insurance discounts.
SPRING SEMESTER PROGRAM
1. Offered during spring semester.
2. Offered at 3 High Schools.
3. Must attend class program and driving sessions
4. Driving times assigned at classroom.
5. Each student assigned a 90 minute driving time at 2:30 or 4:00 on Mon, Wed, and Friday for 8 days OR 2-hour sessions on Saturday for 6 days
6. (6) Hours of Behind the Wheel instruction and (6) hours of classroom.
7. Preparation for the State of Florida road test.
8. Upon completion of the course and the survey, each student will receive an insurance certificate for the purpose of insurance discounts.
9. This is a .5 hour credit program
Note: failure to complete required hours of instruction will result in no certificate being issued and a Fail grade for the course.